As the song goes, there’s no place like home for the holidays. If Kauai is your home away from home this holiday season, we have all the information on tropical Christmas dinners in paradise.
Have a Mele Kalikimaka (Merry Christmas) with Red Salt. Offering a special Christmas Eve and Christmas Day prix fixe dinner menu designed by Executive Chef Noelani Planas.
Dinner reservations: 808-742-4280
Online Reservations: http://www.opentable.com/red-salt-at-koa-kea-resort
Reservations with credit card are required. Must cancel 72 hours or more in advance to avoid penalty.
- Appetizers – Butternut squash soup, bacalao “salted cod” caprese salad.
- Entrees – 12 oz. black angus herb roasted prime rib, Maryland blue crab crusted pan seared sea bass, pan roasted Maui Nui vension rack, roasted stuffed quail (all entree choices are served with creamy sweet potato puree and roasted winter vegetables)
- Dessert – Pumpkin cheesecake with haupia cream and salted caramel, pavlova with lilikoi mousse, tropical fruit salsa and raspberry coulis
Price: $70 per person
Hours: 5:00 pm to 9:30 pm
Online Reservations: http://www.opentable.com/eating-house-1849-reservations-koloa?restref=161356
Located right on one of the best beaches in America, Poipu Beach, Brennecke’s Beach Broiler offers a great Christmas dinner on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day for families with an unbeatable view. Special Christmas dinner menu includes fresh organic Kauai grown arugula salad with roasted butternut squash, spicy macadamia nuts, cranberries and a refreshing lilikoi vinaigrette. For dinner, indulge in a panko crusted double Colorado lamb chops or miso sake mahi mahi with seared scallops, tempura asparagus, over a Kauai oyster mushroom and pancetta risotto. Brennecke’s has selected the perfect wine pairing with your entree, a WillaKenzie Estate Gisele pinot noir. Reservations highly recommended.
Hours: 11 am to 10 pm daily
Online Reservations: http://www.opentable.com/r/brenneckes-beach-broiler-reservations-koloa
The Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa has you covered for breakfast, lunch and dinner with their special holiday dining at their three on-property restaurants. Or celebrate the holiday Hawaiian style with a traditional Hawaiian luau on Christmas Day. For reservations to any restaurant, call 808-742-1234.
Ilima Terrace Christmas Buffet
- Farmer’s Market – Grand Hyatt garden’s baby lettuce bar, tropical and seasonal fruit display, farmstead cheese, charcuterie display, bruschetta, smoked seafood display, assorted bagels.
- Makai (from the ocean) – Alaskan king crab and prawn cocktail, trio of ahi poke, sushi, Chef Jay’s assorted maki & nigiri
- Mauka (from the mountains) – White bean soup, asiago filled gnocci, roasted port tinono, local boy fried rice, roasted heirloom marble potatoes, white rice, grilled CAB new york steak, szechuan eggplant, asian pesto crusted salmon, jidori chicken
- The Carving Board – Baked whole mahi mahi, slow roasted prime rib
- Chef Eric Snow’s delectable holiday desserts
Price: $70 adults, $35 (kids ages 6-12), kids ages 5 and under complimentary with adult dinner purchase
Holiday Buffet Hours: 12 pm to 5 pm
Price: $108 Adults (21+), $97(juniors 13-20), $69 (kids 5-12)
Hours: 6 pm to 8 pm
Christmas Specials at Tidepools
Offering three course pre fixe dinner or a la carte items.
Christmas menu: Grand Hyatt Kauai garden baby lettuces, filet of beef and butter poached lobster, eggnog creme brulee.
Price: $80 three course pre-fixe menu or a la carte
Hours: 5 pm to 10 pm
Christmas Specials at Dondero’s
Offering three course pre fixe dinner menu or a la cart items.
Christmas Menu: Grand Hyatt Kauai garden baby lettuces or pumpkin risotto, roasted leg of lamb, chestnut bouche de noel
Price: $65 three course pre fixe menu or a la carte
Hours: 6 pm to 10:30 pm
Santa will be wishing guests a “Feliz Navidad” at Tortilla Republic Cantina and Margarita Bar. Opening at 9 am with a festive Christmas Eve and Christmas Day brunch. On Christmas Eve, Santa will be making his way upstairs for dinner beginning at 5:30 pm. Reservations highly recommended.
Set in a lush garden-like atmosphere, you will know you are having Christmas dinner in paradise. Regular menu items will be available in both the Bamboo Bar and Dining Room.
Online Reservations: http://www.opentable.com/keokis-paradise-reservations-koloa
Owners Dano and Ellen at The Wine Shop in Koloa are here to make sure you have a great cup of cheer while enjoying the holiday season. With only the best wines from the Napa and Sonoma growing regions, they and their knowledgeable staff will personally help you select the perfect cabernet sauvignon, pinot grigio, or pinot gris to compliment whatever you are serving. They also make gift giving a breeze with their gourmet gift baskets featuring Kauai products, tropical fruit and a favorite bottle of red, white or champagne. Give them a call at 808-742-7305.
Wishing you a delicious Merry Christmas from Poipu!