As we head into the holiday season here on Kauai, visitors and locals alike begin to anticipate the wide range of Thanksgiving feasts to be enjoyed in Poipu. From The Grand Hyatt Resort & Spa to Keoki’s Paradise, get ready for some of the best Hawaiian Thanksgiving dinners to grace your plate. After all, we have more than enough to be thankful for!
Thanksgiving Dining Options – Thursday, November 24, 2016
From a spectacular outdoor Hawaiian Lu’au to one of the many fine-dining establishments, there are several dining options to be found at The Hyatt.
Ilima Terrace Thanksgiving Buffet- 12pm – 5pm
Adults (13+) $70 | Kids (6-12) $35
Download the Thanksgiving Buffet Menu (pdf) >>
Thanksgiving Luau- 6pm – 8pm
Adults (21+) $104 | Juniors (13-20) $93| Kids (5-12) $67
Thanksgiving Specials at Tidepools- 5:30pm – 10pm
A La Carte Items or Three Course Pre-Fixe Dinner
Thanksgiving Specials at Dondero’s- 6pm – 10pm
A La Carte Items or Three Course Pre-Fixe Dinner
For reservations please call 808 240 6456 or ext 51. Tidepools, Dondero’s, Lu‘au, and ‘Ilima Terrace can also be booked online through OpenTable.com (see links above)
Merriman’s Fish House in The Shops at Kukui’ula is offering a special menu for both Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. Holiday seating begins at 4:00pm and dinner starts at $75 per person
Tiny Taster- Hamakua mushroom bisque, House Made Honey Wheat Bread and Fresh-Churned Big Island Butter
- Kona Kampachi Sashimi, Lilikoi, Aji Amarillo, Cilantro, Molokai Sweet Potato
- Kaneshiro Pork Croquettes Kim Chee, Charred Gold Pineapple, Guajillo Chili Sauce
- Parisian Fresh Herb Gnocchi Brown Butter, Sage, Shaved Parmesan
- Roasted Kabocha Pumpkin Salad- Kauai Roots Arugula, Kunana Dairy Chevre, Macadamia Nut Brittle, Asian Pear, Maple – Sherry Vinaigrette
- The Harvest Plate – Roasted Fresh, Organic Turkey, Whipped Potatoes, Sausage-Sage Stuffing, Local Carrot, Green Beans,Pineapple-Cranberry Relish, Natural Gravy
- Whole Roasted Prime Tenderloin of Beef- Yukon Gold Potato, Grilled Asparagus, Caramelized Mushroom Jam, Whole Mustard – Brown Butter Reduction
- Macadamia nut crusted mahi mahi Local Green Beans, Roasted Eggplant Mushroom Sake Butter Sauce
- Hawaiian Opakapaka Citrus – Herb Spaetzel, Soft Umi Farms Kale Fresh Tomato – Garlic Sauce
- Hanalei taro enchilada– Spiced Enchilada Sauce, Chili-Garlic Broccoli, Aged Cheddar, Garden Cilantro
- Butter Poached Keahole Lobster ($20 supplement) Charred Jalapeno Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes, Hirabara Farms Rainbow Chard Marinated Kauai Fresh Farms Tomato, Basil Shellfish Butter
• Trio of bars- Pumpkin, Chocolate and Lilikoi
Don’t want to deal with the crows but also don’t want to spend valuable vacation time in the kitchen? Let Living Foods Market do the cooking for you! Find every course for a homemade Thanksgiving dinner from the comfort of your vacation rental:
Turkey- Diestel Free Range Uncooked Turkey (10-12 lbs. OR 14-16 lbs.) – $7.35/lb. (GF)
Pupu- Butternut Squash and Apple Soup (Quart serves 4-6 people ) – $16.95/qt. (GF)
Side Dishes- (GF is Gluten-free)
- Traditional Madeira Gravy (Quart serves 4-8 people) – $13.95/qt. (GF) Traditional Mashed Potatoes (Quart serves 4-6 people) – $11.95/qt. (GF)
- Green Beans with Roasted Shallots (Quart serves 4-6people) – $16.95/qt. (GF)
- Maple Roasted Yams & Carrots (Quart serves 4-6 people) – $16.95/qt. (GF)
- Classic Stuffing with Dried Fruit, Celery & Sage (Quart serves 4-6 people) – $13.95/qt.
- Cranberry Relish with Local Ginger and Orange (Pint serves 4-6 people) – $7.95/pt. (GF)
- Classic Pumpkin Pie (8 inch, serves 6-8 people) – $16.00 each
- Walnut Tart (8 inch, serves 6-8 people) – $18.00 each
- “Frank’s Famous Pumpkin Crunch Cheesecake” (4 inch, serves 2 people) – $12.00 each
Order your holiday fare with a manager at the store, or by phone at 808-742-2323. Pick up for turkeys starts on Saturday, November 19th and all pupu, side dishes and desserts can be picked up on Thursday, November 24th from 8am until 2pm. All orders must be pre paid by Tuesday, November 22, 2016.
Reservations with credit card required. Must cancel 72 hours or more in advance to avoid penalty
Special Menu: $69 per person
Thanksgiving Dinner | Thursday, November 24 | 5:30-9:00pm
New Executive Chef Noelani Planas makes her holiday debut with a special 3-course Thanksgiving dinner: Roasted chestnut soup and pumpkin gelato bookend a turkey feast with all your favorite fixings.
Located in the Poipu Shopping Village, Keoki’s Paradise will be serving up a special Thanksgiving menu served in the dining room & bamboo bar from 3:30 pm to 9:15 pm. Their menu will include:
- Oven Roasted Turkey and House-made Gravy
- Sweet Potato & Pumpkin Gnocchi Keoki’s Style Portuguese Sausage Stuffing
- House-made Cranberry Sauce
Adults $27 | Keiki $14
Reservations are recommended (and will book up fast!), walk-ins welcomed
For reservations please call 808.742.7534
Come for the unbelievable sunsets overlooking the water, stay for the delicious Thanksgiving dinner special in addition to their regular menu.
Lehua Honey Glazed Natural Turkey – $41 per person
- Lawai mushroom-ciabatta stuffing
- Nap’s green beans & crunchy Hamakua macadamia nuts
- Buttermilk whipped yukon gold potatoes
- Pan jus & giblet gravy
- Local kauai organic cranberry-manadarin preserves
- Pumpkin Ginger Cheesecake – $12 with coconut dulce de leche
Book Online: http://www.opentable.com/r/beach-house-restaurant-kauai-reservations-koloa-2
The newest culinary member of The Shops at Kukui’ula, Eating House 1849 has quickly risen to be a favorite of visitors and locals alike.
Thanksgiving Dinner Special- $50 per person
- White Truffle Infused Garlic Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Grilled Pork Belly Vinha Dhalos, Roasted Beets, Mix Green Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- Herb Roasted Turkey with Portuguese Sausage, Sweet Hawaiian Bread Stuffing, Cranberry Ginger Orange Relish
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
- Winter Spiced Haupia Pumpkin Cheesecake with Salted Caramel
What Thanksgiving dinner is complete without the wine? Dano and Ellen over at The Wine Shop in Koloa suggest pairing a beautiful Pinot Noir with your turkey dinner. They’ve hand selected and flown in a few from Northern California that are sure to please your family and friends: Foxen from Julia’s Vineyard; Emeritus from Holberg Ranch and Domaine Carneros from their estate in Napa Valley.
Give them a call at (808) 742-7305 or stop by the shop to reserve your bottle(s) and check out their impressive selection of reds, whites, champagnes, and liquors to give your guests the best of all tastes.
Brennecke’s Beach Broiler will be serving a Traditional Thanksgiving Feast all day from 11am to 9:30pm as well as their regular menus. Reservations are highly recommended and walk-ins are welcomed.
Fresh Hawaiian Corn Chowder or Island Mixed Baby Greens Salad
Traditional Turkey Feast including Homemade Cranberry Sauce, Stuffing with Candied Papaya and Omao Sage, Turkey Gravy, Fresh Sauteed Vegetables with Roasted Garnet Yams and Fresh Mashed Potatoes
Crab Stuffed Mahi-Mahi served with Japanese Kabocha Pumpkin Pancetta, Green Bean Risotto and Fresh Omao Micro Greens
Pumpkin Pie with Fresh Whipped Cream
Adults $29.99 Keiki $12.99
If you’re looking to simply satisfy your sweet tooth, pay a visit to Lappert’s Hawaii for a scoop of their signature pumpkin crunch ice cream or head over to Papalani Gelato (in the Poipu Shopping Center) for some seasonal pumpkin pie gelato.
Happy Thanksgiving from Poipu Beach!